Do you grind your teeth at night, or wake up with jaw pain? If so, a night guard may be the solution. At Bellefontaine Family Dental, our dentists offer night guards that fit to your teeth, making them comfortable and easy to clean. For more information about night guards for teeth grinding in St. Louis, Missouri, and to set up a consultation with one of our dentists, we invite you to contact our office at 314-741-5133.
Treatment for Bruxism
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
Custom Night Guards
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. If unexpected tooth pain or an accident have you suffering, give us a call and schedule an appointment. Reach out to our office by calling 314-741-5133 at your earliest convenience!